Why incorporate philanthropy into your practice?
- Your clients are looking to you for direction.
Canadians are seeking ways to give back to their community through strategic, meaningful philanthropy.
- You will provide more comprehensive service.
By discussing charitable giving with your clients, you are providing a wider spectrum of wealth management solutions.
- You can determine your clients’ passions.
By talking to your clients about charitable giving, you obtain a better understanding of their values, principles and dreams.
- Charitable giving strategies have tremendous tax benefits.
The income tax system is designed to recognize Canadians’ charitable donations.
- You have the power to make a difference.
You have the power to direct and influence your clients’ thinking about charitable giving. Self-directed giving can be a more efficient method of contributing to the general welfare of the country than paying tax dollars.
The Workbook for Family Philanthropy
The Calgary Foundation recognizes that a deliberate approach to engaging next-generation family members is more likely to ensure the continuity of a family's philanthropic goals. These excerpts from the Workbook for Family Philanthropy will help involve, inspire and assist you in helping clients in the philanthropy planning process.
- Worksheet #3 - Who is Family
- Worksheet #5 - Investment
- Worksheet #8 - Focus and Interest Areas
Download the full Workbook for Family Philanthropy.