photo credit: Chris Roy
Small grants, ranging from $100 to $600, to encourage active citizenship by helping residents undertake small, creative project that benefit their local community.
Applications are accepted from individual organizers, neighbourhood groups and charitable organizations.
Stepping Stones is a unique and innovative partnership between The
Calgary Foundation and First Calgary Financial.
Stepping Stones supports projects that:
- Encourage Calgarians to become more involved
in their local neighbourhoods and communities
- Build on participantsâ interests, concerns and
- Welcome and involve a diversity of people and
- Take peopleâs ideas into action
- Demonstrate and develop local leadership
- Create new opportunities
What is the
Application Process and Guidelines?
- Applications are due the FIRST day of each
month - NB: We will NOT be accepting applications for July 1, 2013. Please apply for the next cycle in August.
- Applicants can expect to be contacted within
three weeks with follow-up questions and then the results
- Please allow at least six
weeks between the application due date and your project
event/activity to allow for the grant decision and subsequent paperwork
- Stepping Stones cannot provide support for
projects that have occurred before the granting decision
- Stepping Stones helps with expenses that
support community involvement. Items such as room rental, refreshments,
arts supplies, sound equipment rental, for example, could qualify. It is
unlikely that Stepping Stones would cover salary, equipment that could be
borrowed or items that could be donated by other sources
- It is unlikely that Stepping Stones would help
with block parties or other purely social events or fundraisers unless
they have a clear plan to create further opportunities for the
neighbourhood or community
- In order to respond fairly to the neighbourhoods
and communities in our city, Stepping Stones cannot support projects
that have received grants from The Calgary Foundationâs partner grassroots
granting programs (Calgary Dollarsâ Take Action Grants and Northern Lights
Small Grants Initiative) or from Ripples: Bowness Small Grants Initiative
STEPPING STONES APPLICATION FORM